Petition for concerned parents for SMK BUD (4)
Postby liabura on Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:37 am
From the Communications Man of BU4
Remember the new Principal of the secondary school at BU4 that banned lion dances and school cheerleeding when she came into power? Well, through “people power” her decision was thankfully overturned. However, things have apparently many things are going out of hand, and a group of concerned parents are asking parents of kids attending the school to sign a petition requesting the Education Ministry do something about the deteriorating condition of the once premier school. If you are a parent, they would like to meet up with you to explain to you the current state of affairs and get your support to make a change.
The Group of Concerned Parents will be at the Little BU Cafe daily from 2 pm to 5 pm until Tuesday to answer your questions and to obtain your support. A copy of the petition is attached. Judge for yourself and act accordingly. Wanna make a change? The choice is entirely yours.
Our ADUN Elizabeth Wong can’t help, as even today she has been banned from the school premises in BU4 as she is a opposition Assemblywoman. Likewise Subang ADUN Hannah Yeoh has not been allowed to attend functions in her old school even as an ex-Head girl because she is from the opposition party. Ridiculous, isn’t it?
To The Parents of SMK Bandar Utama Damansara (4)
Petition to transfer the Headmistress
We, as parents with children in this school, are concerned about several issues that have occured in the last six months. We fear that if this unhealthy situation persists, the school will deteriorate further. With the examination season fast approaching, students’ progress will be adversely affected and we need to take action for the sake of our children’s future.
We need parents who share the same concern to support the TRANSFER of the HEADMISTRESS Pn Hjh. Zabedah Bt. Hj. Abbas.
The school needs a new, dynamic leader with vision and dedication who not only understands the urban school culture but also is willing to work with parents to ensure a better educational environment and we would need your support in order for this to be a success.
Please write yours and children’s name on the list attached and sign accordingly.
Here are just some prime parental concerns:
1. The Principal is always out of school during school hours on unaccounted business and remains out for most of the day, even when school has been dismissed. Her frequent absences during official hours has made it difficult for parents to see her in whatever capacity.
2. One of the teachers constantly escorts the Principal wherever she goes until she neglects her own Form 5 Bahasa Malaysia classes.
3. The Principal is scheduled to teach Form 4 Civics classes but she has yet to teach the class regularly or even when she does teach the class, she comes in late and leaves early.
4. She has yet to take part in any student-parent activities, e.g. Hari Bakat, Hari Temu Mesra or “Kem Ibadah”. She has also withdrawn support for any previous planned/approved activities on an ad-hoc basis, often just before the event.
5. The Principal has spent over RM40,000.00 on an alleged school beautification project but has been unable to justify or provide any concrete evidence in support of such funds being spent.
This are just some of the many issues that have cropped up and have given us, the parents, increasing concern about how the Principal has been eroding the SMK Bandar Utama Damansara (4) educational and extra curricular reputation previously so richly deserved.
Please sign your name to the attached petition so that we can ensure a better environment and future for all our children.
Concerned Parents of SMK Bandar Utama Damansara (4).